Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Light a candle

Hello Bloggers, thank you for visiting. 
Well, the Retiring List is well and truly out, and everything on the list is selling out fast, so if anything on your wishlist is leaving now’s your chance!  The new catalogue launches on June 2nd, and while I’m sad to see some of my favourite items go, I’m excited about what’s coming.
Today’s project uses two retiring items, the Daffodil Delight DSP and the A Round Array stamp set.  Everything else I used is being carried over (whew!) apart from Sticky Strip.
I love perfumed candles and these little votives make a sweet gift when packaged in a pretty box. 

Here's the tutorial -

Measurements for the votive box –
Base – 8 ½  x 6 inches
Score  on the long side at 2, 4, 6, 6 ¼ and 8 ¼ inches
Turn the card so that the last score line you made is at the top (so that you have a narrow space to the first horizontal score line) and score to the bottom of the card at 2 and 4 inches , then score down part way at 1 ¾  and 4 ¼ inches  - see the diagram :-

I hope you enjoyed this project and I’d love it if you’d share what you’ve made with me on my Facebook page.  See you soon!

Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Good Clean Fun!

Hello  bloggers!  

I'm still having fun playing with SU goodies and I particularly love re-inkers.  Today's project uses them with shaving foam in a technique I first came across in my days as a nursery/primary school teacher.  
This is one that needs a minimum of materials and clean-up is easy - after all, you're working with soap!  Get the most inexpensive shaving foam you can (don't use the other half's designer-fragranced can - it just causes arguments!) - it works just as well.  I mixed my colours with rubbing alcohol (surgical spirit - you could use vodka but that would be a terrible waste!)  but water will work as well, it just takes longer to dry.

Hope you enjoyed this project - and thanks for visiting.  See you soon!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Tuesday, 14 April 2015

L for Leather!

Hello, folks, and welcome to my blog.

Something a bit different this week.  It's about the technique rather than the finished item.  I may have mentioned before that I love Altered Art and using techniques to make paper and card look like something else, and this is one of my favourite Faux Leather techniques.

I covered a box, but  I could have covered a piece of cardstock to use on a male-themed card.  This is how I got the effect.

I wanted to see if the Stampin' Up! re-inkers would work with this one - and I think they did.  I could have pressed the ink pads to the craft sheet  and then sprayed with a little bit of water instead of using reinkers, which would have given a less intense effect.  

I finished the box by lining it with some Typeset paper and gluing the brass charm (bought from Ebay) on top.   I hope you liked it.  

See you soon!


Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Cling-Film background

Hello bloggers, thanks for visiting!

Today i'm sharing a technique for creating a pretty background.  It's a method that's been around for some time, and by using Stampin' Up! inks the background will co-ordinate with other SU products.  The key to the effect is the mica - so you really do need to use something like Smooch spray.

Hope you have fun trying this one!