Saturday 24 June 2017

Simply Sketched 20


Thank you for joining us for another Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge! 

We’re so excited to be sharing this hop with you.  The products used are all available in the current Annual, or seasonal, Stampin’ Up!® Catalogues*. 


Simply use the buttons at the bottom of the post to keep hopping.

This time we've been set a colour challenge by Hannah - here are the colours -



I made a card base out of Smoky Slate, picked out re-inkers in the remaining colours and some Glossy White card.  I sprayed the glossy card with water and dropped blogs of ink onto the surface while it was still wet and then - blew on the ink to move it around.  In my days as an Early Years teacher, we used to get the pupils to use drinking straws.  I used the air duster spray you get for cleaning computer components, which was much less like hard work.

Here's the result (embellished with a bit of ribbon and some heat embossing)


There's a YouTube video showing how I did it if you want to see it, visit my channel in a couple of days and it'll be there.  Don't do it now, though, because you really need to see what Hannah has made- click here to go to the 
Or if you're the independent kind and and working your way through the hop from the other end, then visit Jillian at the

Do come back and join me again another day, won't you?  

See you again soon,

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

Product List

5 comments:

  1. Very unusual Keren, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Keren, I need to get some shiney card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such rich colours Keren lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  4. IN my other life I taught faux finish classes with acrylic paints. Your card gave me some great ideas to try the techniques using Re inkers. Hummmmm can you hear the creative juices bubbling here? Love the look you got with the "blow" technique! If I get anything good from my attempts I will post a picture!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.